||Mid Jan - End of Oct
|Rate of Lay:
|Mature Male Weight:
|Mature Female Weight:
The Orpington has a heavy, broad body with a low stance, and the down from their body covers most of their legs.
Some characteristics of an Orpington are:
- Heavy weight (7 to 10 pounds),
- Soft, profuse feathering, which almost hides the legs of the bird,
- Curvy shape with a short back and U-shaped underline,
- A small head with a medium single comb.
- Large and usually easily tamed
- Fluffy feathers making it look distinctively large.